As your company policies around leave change to keep pace with your competition, employee preferences, or state regulations, reset leave in Vera Suite too.
Who can do this?
- Vera HR Administrators
- Click on the down arrow next to System Administration. Select Configure Leave Types.
- To edit existing leave, select Leave Type Make changes. Save Leave Type.
- To delete an existing leave, select the X button . Acknowledge the message. OK.
- Add Company Leave Type to administer a new kind of leave for your organization. Make a selection from the Leave Type Indicate if employees will be able to deduct this type of leave from time-off accruals. Save Leave Type.
- Choose the leave type you would like to configure from the drop-down menu:
- On the next screen, indicate if the Leave Type is deductible or not. Check the box for “Is Deductible Time-Off Type” if you would like to set up accruals for this leave type. If you don’t need to set accruals for this leave type, don’t check this box. Save Leave Type.
- If you have chosen to make the leave type deductible time-off, enter information for when to activate the leave type, the annual carry over date, the accrual period, and the accrual day (if applicable). Save Leave Type.
- Now that you have entered the information, select Add New Profile.
- In the next window, enter a profile name and a description for the specific leave profile. Add the specific leave profile information based on the accrual set up. You will see the numbers in the Annual Accrual field change based on what you enter into the Months of Service and Hours Accrued (Bi Weekly) fields, this is calculated based on the accrual period you entered. Be sure to enter a Maximum Balance and Maximum Carry Over
- If the leave type has multiple profiles (i.e., 1 year service gets 40 hours PTO, 2 years service gets 80 hours PTO, etc), select Add New Profile Line. Enter accrual information for each type of time off. This will indicate how much PTO employees will accrue based on their tenure.
- Once you have created your profiles for this leave type. Save.
- You should now see the leave profile you just created show up below the leave type settings. The accruals will take effect based on the activated leave type date that you chose. Accruals are calculated at midnight each day.