Reporting workplace injuries and illnesses is required by federal law for most employers in order to ensure worker safety.
If you are a manager at your organization, you may need to enter employee injuries, work-related illnesses, spills/releases, accidents, or property damage into Vera Suite.
Who can see this?
- Vera EHS Client Admins | Client Power Users
- From your left-hand navigation, select Incidents.
- Select Add New Incident.
- Indicate whether the event was an Incident or a Near Miss.
- Select the type(s) of Incident or Near Miss that occurred, then Continue.
- Next, provide as much information about the Incident or Near Miss as possible. Fields highlighted in blue are required.
- Depending on whether an Incident or Near Miss occurred and the Incident Type(s) selected, different fields will display. Fill out each section as prompted.
Near Miss: Basic fields will be displayed.
Injury/Illness: Use the fields to describe the injured/or ill person and their injuries. If the injured/ill person is an employee, the incident may be OSHA Recordable. Additional fields, such as the employee’s Birth Date, Hire Date, and whether or not they received offsite treatment, will display. If so, fill out the OSHA Reporting fields. If the incident is OSHA Recordable, this will be indicated in the Incidents List, and an OSHA 301 export will be available from the incident menu.
Auto Accident: Describe the vehicle(s) and driver(s) involved, as well as the nature of the auto accident, and road type and conditions.
Property Damage: Complete fields to describe the asset(s) involved and their damage.
Spill/Release: Complete fields to describe the substance that was spilled/released, and its source.
- In the Investigation and Additional Information section, provide more details, such as witness information, photos, or other attachments. Select Add Comment to include notes.
- Select Add Action Item to create and assign a corrective action. This allows you to create a new Action Item for the Incident or to associate an existing Action Item. See Add Action Item to Incidents for more information.
- Submit Report.
Note: Incidents can also be reported using the mobile app. The screens will look slightly different than those above, however, the steps are still the same.