Use the Vera Suite by KPA mobile app on your Android or Apple device to keep your facility’s Safety Data Sheets (SDS) up-to-date. Add Products to your Chemical Inventory by scanning the container's Universal Product Code (UPC) or using the Search function.
Who can do this?
- Vera EHS Users
1. Open the Vera Suite by KPA mobile app on your phone. Log in.
2. Press the triple line icon in the upper left corner to display the navigation menu. Select Chemical Inventory
3. The facility’s current Chemical Inventory will display on your screen. To add a new product, select the red Plus Button in the bottom right-hand corner.
4. If prompted, allow the app to use your phone’s camera. The UPC scanning field will appear. Safely handle the product to align its UPC with the horizontal red line. Hold the product steady and capture the UPC. Note: Do not flip the container over or risk leaking its contents.
5 Once the UPC is successfully scanned and it’s located in KPA’s database, the corresponding product information will appear on the screen. Note: If the UPC is damaged, obscured, or the scanner otherwise can’t read it, you can manually add the product. See step 7. Select the “Search by Name, PN, or Manufacturer” button.
6. To view the product’s SDS before adding it to your inventory, select the Product Name, and the SDS will display. To officially add the product to your inventory, choose the appropriate button as described below.
To continue adding more products to your chemical inventory, select “Add and Scan New Product.” Select “Add and Return to Inventory” to add only a single product.
If the product you scanned already exists in your inventory, you’ll confirm the product information, including the UPC. Continue scanning products by selecting “Scan New Product” or choose “Return to Inventory” if you’re finished scanning products.
7. If the UPC isn’t recognized, search for the product by typing in the Product Name, Part Number, or Manufacturer Name. Select the product from the results list and either click “Add and Return to Inventory” or “Add and Scan New Product.”
If the product can’t be located in KPA’s database, select the Back Arrow at the top left corner of the screen to return to the UPC scanning screen, and follow the Requesting Safety Data Sheets instructions.
8. If the product added to the inventory doesn’t have a UPC, add it using the “Search by Name, Part Number of Manufacturer” at the bottom of the UPC scanning screen. Then, enter the product information.
If the product can’t be located in KPA’s database, select the Back Arrow at the top of the screen to return to the UPC scanning screen, and follow the Requesting Safety Data Sheets instructions.